Ocean Bound Plastic (OBP)
The OBP Certification focuses on stopping plastic waste from reaching the ocean through collecting on shorelines and waterways. Around 80% of the ocean's plastic waste comes from inland sources.
IDFL works with ZPO (Zero Plastic Oceans) to provide certifications for:
- Collection Organizations
- Plastic Producers & Users
- Organizations interested in the neutralization of their plastic footprint
IDFL is certified to conduct the following certifications on behalf of ZPO:
- OBP COLLECTION ORGANIZATION STANDARD
- OBP RECYCLING ORGANIZATION STANDARD
- OBP NEUTRALIZATION SERVICES PROVIDER STANDARD
- OBP PLASTIC PRODUCERS & USERS STANDARD
All plastic must be collected from a verified waterway, which creates the potential for the plastic to become ocean-bound. All plastic must be traced back to a verified source and traced throughout the supply chain.
Audit & Certification Process
- Africa | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bangladesh | email@example.com
- China | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Europe | email@example.com
- India | firstname.lastname@example.org
- North & South America | email@example.com
- Pakistan | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taiwan | email@example.com
- Turkey | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vietnam | email@example.com
- The OBP application form is available here.
- For questions about the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit obpcert.org for more information about OBP.