STEAM VS. TUMBLE DRY FILL POWER RESEARCH
30 samples of bulk down claiming to be 700 Fill Power were tested under the following conditions:
- The down was washed, dried, and sorted in a USA down factory.
- The USA factory tested fill power immediately in its own lab (72-hour Box Conditioning).
- The USA down factory immediately sent a sample to IDFL.
- IDFL tested the sample using Tumble Dry Conditioning.
- The USA down factory sent bulk down to a Chinese garment manufacturer.
- The Chinese garment manufacturer sent a sample of the bulk down to IDFL USA for testing.
- IDFL tested the sample from China using both Tumble Dry and Steam Conditioning.
ANALYSIS OF SAMPLES
- Washed in the USA, and tested immediately in factory.
- Sent to IDFL for testing.
- Down packed and shipped to China for assembly.
- Sample sent from China to IDFL for testing.