The aim of DOWNPASS is to ensure that the worldwide demand for down and feathers can be met from ethical sources. Companies, including down and feather suppliers and brand names, may apply to join DOWNPASS. Member companies that comply with the association audit requirements may use the DOWNPASS label.
DOWNPASS currently has two standards:
- DOWNPASS 2016: This is a modular standard including a guarantee of no live-plucking and basic traceability compliance. Optional modules include a guarantee of no force-feeding and traceability to the farm or parent farm.
- DOWNPASS 2017: This is a zero tolerance standard including the monitoring of breeding conditions, traceability back to the breeding area, quality checks of filling material by accredited testing institutes and no molt harvesting, live-plucking, force-feeding, or parallel production at the farm level.
Audit & Certification Process
- Africa | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bangladesh | email@example.com
- China | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Europe | email@example.com
- India | firstname.lastname@example.org
- North & South America | email@example.com
- Pakistan | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taiwan | email@example.com
- Turkey | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vietnam | email@example.com
- The DOWNPASS application form is available here.
- For questions about the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit downpass.com for more information about DOWNPASS standards or click here for a directory of DOWNPASS members.