Recycled Claim Standard (RCS)
The aim of the Recycled Claim Standard (RCS) is to increase the use of recycled materials and is intended for use with any product that contains at least 5% recycled material.
The standard has four objectives: (1) aligning definitions of recycled across multiple applications, (2) tracking and tracing recycled input materials, (3) providing customers with a tool to make informed decisions and (4) providing assurance that materials in a final product are recycled.
Applicants may choose the types of recycled materials they want to have audited. Common recycled materials include down and feathers, PET, filament, yarn/thread and fabric. Applicant companies, such as brands and manufacturers, may select the final products they would like to have audited. A complete list of products and product categories can be found here.
All selected materials and products will be evaluated from the recycling state to the last seller in the final business-to-business transaction based upon requirements in the following areas:
- Recycled material
- Supply chain
Audit & Certification Process
- Africa | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bangladesh | email@example.com
- China | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Europe | email@example.com
- India | firstname.lastname@example.org
- North & South America | email@example.com
- Pakistan | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taiwan | email@example.com
- Turkey | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vietnam | email@example.com
- The RCS application form is available here.
- For questions about the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit TextileExchange.org for more information about the Recycled Claim Standard or click here for a directory of all RCS certified companies.