QUALITY CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS
IDFL offers the following quality certification programs to providers of finished products.
General Quality Certification Program - Use of IDFL in Advertising
IDFL would allow the use of the IDFL logo to appear in advertising and other promotional material. IDFL requires the following before such permission is granted:
- Client agrees to use IDFL for the majority of their down and feather testing.
- Client agrees to complete regular testing on bulk down and random testing on finished products. The testing should consist of a 6-test package on each product style.
- Client agrees to send IDFL any copies of advertising, brochures, or other materials that contain the IDFL logo and/or IDFL name. (IDFL does not need to approve every time the IDFL logo is used, but IDFL would like to see those documents that contain its name.)
Specific Product Certification Program - Use of IDFL Logo on Finished Products
IDFL would allow the use of the IDFL logo and the IDFL name on packaging and sewn-in labels for finished products. IDFL requires the following before such permission is granted:
- Client agrees to use IDFL for all testing of down and feather products.
- Client agrees to have bulk down tested by IDFL before production of finished products.
- Each year client agrees to send at least one of each product style for testing. The exact number of products sent for testing will be determined in an agreement with IDFL and client with consideration of the IDFB Part 2 Sampling Method. IDFL will complete, at a minimum, the 6-test package on each product style received.
- In addition, IDFL will purchase products from retail stores or internet sites and test using the 6-test package. The number of products and frequency of testing will be determined in an agreement with IDFL and client.
- Client agrees to send IDFL a sample of the sewn-in label and packaging where the IDFL logo is used for review before final product assembly.